Sciral Forum
November 24, 2017, 10:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Licensing/Mac + Win Bundle  (Read 10670 times)
alexw

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:07:56 AM »

Like many people, I have a Mac at home and a PC at the office.

I'd like to use Consistency with both, but the price is a little too much for me to afford both (IMO, even asingle license is a little on the expensive side, but that's another question). Could one get a discount when buying both?

BTW, the Windows version is ugly (fonts, esp. in the help file).
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 03:58:22 PM »

We'll look into the fonts issue under Windows.

With regard to the product price, please understand that Consistency has never been a significant source of income for us. Furthermore, I doubt that dropping its price will significantly increase sales it is just too niche-y. So we keep the price as is, and expect that the people who find it useful will also realize that products with a small market must charge a little more to justify their existence.

Also, due to our arrangements with the programmers, Mac Consistency and Windows Consistency are separate products, and are sold separately. We regret the inconvenience.
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 04:52:57 PM »

Which Windows OS are you running Consistency under? Can you be more specific about the problem with the fonts, both in program and in the help files? Do you not like the particular fonts or some quality of the fonts?
alexw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 11:42:16 AM »

I didn't want to insult anyone, sorry, but just thought that the Win version looks 'cheap' w/ its huge areas of blank space and the whole spartan interface. The Mac version looks much nicer, but that's probably partly due to the OS. Maybe it looks better when it's filled with lots of tasks.

Fonts look fuzzy, a little (in the program interface) resp. very (in the help file). Never noticed this fuzziness in another program.

I'm running XP SP2 w/ ClearType enabled (but I tamed it a little w/ MS ClearType Tuner).

There is also a problem w/ German 'umlauts' (,,,): When I enter a word containing an 'umlaut', that letter is surrounded by additional whitespaces on save (I tried to attach a screenshot here, but got an error back, saying that the upload directory was not writeable).

Edit: Now I uploaded the screenshot elsewhere and embedded it here. Note that I did not enter those spaces.

Edit (2): This problem only exists w/ the Windows version, it doesn't happen w/ the Mac version.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 04:57:21 PM by alexw » Logged
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 07:46:20 PM »

We could fill the upper-left corner with something like... oh... ads. Joke, joke!

I have duplicated the problem with ,,,. That's mighty odd, given that additional spaces are not added if the doc is saved again. I will look into it.

I will see what I can to do to make the fonts look better. It might simply be that Arial (the font being used) would look better if it was slightly bigger or bolder.
alexw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:33:35 AM »

We could fill the upper-left corner with something like... oh... ads. Joke, joke!

Or maybe you could add a counter for the total number of tasks and the number of overdue tasks there (although that could be intimidating for some people, so you'd probably better also add the possibility to switch it off...).
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 11:05:58 AM »

There is a new version of Consistency for Windows (1.1.5) that fixes the problem with German 'umlauts'.

The issue with the 'look' of the program will have to wait for a later release.
caleb
Consis iPhone Beta

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »

With regard to the product price, please understand that Consistency has never been a significant source of income for us. Furthermore, I doubt that dropping its price will significantly increase sales it is just too niche-y. So we keep the price as is, and expect that the people who find it useful will also realize that products with a small market must charge a little more to justify their existence.

Thank you. I believe many more copies of this could sell at a lower price.  The product has had terrific exposure, and is a good lead in to the Flying Logic program, but I think a lower price for sciral would show much greater returns.  But it's yours and I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: