Sciral Forum
July 27, 2017, 04:48:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extracting due tasks with an external program  (Read 4890 times)
babble

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2008, 04:47:21 PM »

Is there any way for me to use another program to extract the names of the tasks that are currently due/overdue from Sciral Consistency?

For example, I'd like to be able to run a program which would output:

Check air in tires
Call parents
Change blade

(which are the tasks I currently have due)

Here's the motivation:
I use GeekTool to place text on my desktop. For example, I have a script that parses my TaskPaper input file and extracts all of the project names, so I can see at a glance what projects I currently have active.

I'd like to do this with Consistency, so I can see which tasks are currently due by just looking at my desktop. I know that AppleScript isn't supported yet, so I imagine I'm out of luck. I thought about writing a script to parse the input file, but it looked too complicated to parse easily (I didn't understand how the information in DayData property was encoded). Is there any way I can currently accomplish this?
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »

Sorry, there's currently no easy, automated way to do what you're asking. From a manual perspective, you can have Consistency sort the tasks by Due Date, then select the due tasks and use the Copy command to copy the text of the task names and paste it into another application.

Although the format of DayData is undocumented, it's just a Base64 encoded array of four-byte integers, where each day is represented by one of those integers. If you really wanted to, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out which bit represents "completion," although the calculation of due date depends on additional factors such as which target range is currently in effect.

AppleScript support is on our radar. When people like you inquire, it does affect how we prioritize.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: