Sciral Forum
August 19, 2017, 08:53:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spawning other programs  (Read 4224 times)
pggrant

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2008, 09:18:47 AM »

I appreciate your program and I have it in my startup directory so that it automatically is the first program up and going (Win XP). 

I noticed in the forum "on how Sciral is used" that besides the exercise tasks, like I use the program for, many of the tasks are associated with other programs.  I have a couple of web site tasks, a writing task, a data analysis task and a programming task.  I like to spend some time on each of these tasks to keep them moving forward.  If you could have an optional column after the task name that would launch another program/task it would be convienient.  The link could be a specific program or a URL.  When it is launched it would then start a timer and an alarm chime, which could limit the time and keep someone from forgetting the other pending tasks.   The chime would remind the person to go back to Sciral and get them back to the other tasks.

I also have an ipod touch and I am excited abouot your development of this program for the iphone/ipod touch.  One suggestion is to include the badge number on the icon like the mail program.  This badge could be optional and inform people that there are tasks that are pending.  I think it would be very important that it syncs through itunes, who wants to enter information twice.

Thanks for your previous work and looking forward to the new developments,

Patrick
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »

Thanks for your suggestions!

Unfortunately, there is no way for third-party iPhone apps to sync their data through iTunes (even though iTunes does back up all user data when it syncs.) However, Consistency for iPhone will have a "WiFi Sync" function that will enable you to upload and download your Consistency files via your web browser.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: