Sciral Forum
July 27, 2017, 04:47:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with Sciral Consistency for iPhone  (Read 8718 times)
calyeung

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2009, 02:46:02 AM »

I just recently purchased the iPhone app and everytime I exit, I lose all tasks I have created. Please help.

Thanks,

Calvin
mwallace
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:51:10 AM »

Hello Calvin,

I have experienced this issue with two other unrelated apps using my iPod touch. The following steps were what I suggest to resolve the issue. Please post again and let us know your status.

Re-sync your iPhone or iPod touch to iTunes without Consistency as follows:

1.     Connect iPhone or iPod to computer.
    2.     Launch iTunes (if not already running)
    3.     Left sidebar -> Devices -> iPhone
    4.     Applications tab -> Sync applications -> Selected applications:
    5.     Make certain there is no check mark next to Consistency.
    6.     Sync iPhone.
    7.     Power-off iPhone then restart.
    8.     Verify Consistency is no longer installed on iPhone.
    9.     Repeat steps 1 - 4.
  10.     Check-mark Consistency.
  11.     Repeat step 6.

Relaunch Consistency following your re-installation and see if you are having the same difficulty.

Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 03:52:58 PM »

We now have a fix for this problem and will shortly be posting an update to Sciral Consistency for iPhone.
jlb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »

I love the program on my mac.  I can't get it to work on my iPhone.  Have installed and uninstalled.

My Problem: I can add tasks  but when I click on the task it takes me to the calendar page and I try to click to show I completed the task and nothing happens.  I can't click anywhere.  Also I see no calendar page with all the task on the same page like pictured in the itunes store.  Please help.  Thanks!

JLB
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »

Let's see if I can help.

When you start Consistency on the iPhone for the first time you should see a page titled "Consistency" with the Consistency logo in the upper-left corner and a list of four contexts (a.k.a. documents): Work, Home, Gym and Out. This is the context page.

Create a new context by pressing the plus (+) icon in the lower-left corner. Name the new context "Example" and tap Save. Tap the new Example context to go to the task list for Example, which will initially be empty. You will know you are on the correct page because the title of the page will be "Example" and dates will appear below this title.

Create a new task by pressing the plus (+) icon in the lower-left corner. Name the new task "Try" and tap Save.

To test marking a task as complete, tap the square for today in the Try row. A star should appear.

Do all these steps work for you?

Now, to prevent the task saving bug from happening, press the iPhone's Home button to exit Consistency. Then, start Consistency again. The program should open in the Example context and the Try task should still be there. Everything should work OK now.

To remove this Example context, press the back button (labeled "Consistency") in the upper-left corner to return to the context (document) page. You can now delete the Example context by tapping the Edit button and then tapping the red minus button next to Example. Tap Delete and then Done.

I hope this helps.

As Robert mentioned in a previous post, a new version of iPhone Consistency with a fix for the save bug will be available shortly.
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 08:36:41 PM »

Version 1.0.1 of Consistency for the iPhone is now available in the App Store, and fixes this bug. Thanks for reporting it!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: