Sciral Forum
July 27, 2017, 04:48:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't evaluate Consistency  (Read 4031 times)
gboudreau

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2010, 06:37:08 AM »

Hi,

I currently use a home-made calendar to keep track of recurring todos, and I thought I could benefit from using something like Consistency instead. So I downloaded the trial version, and found out that I can't add more than 5 items, unless I pay 25$ for the full version.

Without being able to enter all my todos, there's no way I can test Consistency to see if it fits my needs.
And there's no way I'm buying the full version without testing that.

To me, a time-limited trial, where I could use all the features of the full version, would be a much better trial than what you currently offer.
I see why you offer a non-time-limited version, but honestly, who needs such a tool with 5 or less tasks? I doubt the current trial you offer is more attractive than a time-limited trial, specially to users willing to buy your software if it fits their needs.

I'll continue my search for similar tools.

Good day,

- Guillaume Boudreau
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:01:44 PM »

We're sorry Consistency didn't meet your needs. We opted to create an unlimited-time trial rather than an unlimited-task trial because we believe that thoroughly testing Consistency can take weeks or even months, and we didn't want to arbitrarily limit time.  Even though the unregistered version if Consistency can only have documents that are limited to 5 tasks, you can have two of those documents open at a time for a total of 10, and you can have as many documents as you want on disk and ready to open... So you can really have as many tasks as you want without registering, subject to the annoyance of only seeing 10 tasks in two documents at a time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: