Sciral Forum
October 23, 2017, 06:27:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Sort Order, Custom Sort Column, 2nd Bullet,  (Read 3584 times)
wchiseler

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:06 AM »

+ Routine order: some way to save the usual order in which you complete tasks, so that you can sort by it,or priority, due date, name, etc. or a manual order.
+ an extra column for each task, user definable, sortable.
Example, if the task name started with the type of activity "Water Plant" or "Fertilize Plant", and the second column is the plant's location, one could switch back and forth between sorting by the plant's location or the type of action required, depending on which, in that moment, was more relevant to getting things done. Different documents/users might use the column for say, Context, Category, Importance (Priority not based on consistency, but the relative worth of a task), or Action type, ...
+ a second bullet marker for each task, i.e. double-clicking a task toggles between blank > bullet > star.
This would allow for marking, for example, that one checked a plant, but didn't water it (the soil was still moist), or that one did water it, You could see at a glance when you actually had watered it last.
This could alternatively represent step 1 and step 2 of a task, allowing one to consolidate and not have a long list for relatively small, related steps.
At least until a choice of time granularities is available, this could stand in for once OR twice a day. AM & PM medicine would be worth the extra listed task, you don't want to miss one. But for some tasks, the second completion isn't that important.
Of course, this could also be used for the skip marker. Maybe this is a combination of the requests for Reset & Skip markers?

Re: previously requested features
I would also like the ability to make notes on completion cells, hide not due tasks, disable weekdays & vacations/trips, and choose time granularities (particularly X to X times per day, eg. 1-3 times per day or 3 times per day to every 2 days), and document tabs to collect the windows.

Improvements for using this app as a one stop for ToDo management are also appealing. Speaking of consolidating the application, I wonder about adding HabiTimer features to sciral. (I don't have an iphone, can't afford one in the foreseeable future), so I might be missing something, but it seems Sciral just needs a choice of time granularities and the ability to set a system reminder to be HabiTimer on Mac and Windows. (In the meantime, I'm experimenting with an alarm program that will launch the relevant consistency document.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:33:45 AM by wchiseler » Logged
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »

Thanks for your suggestions! One way of using Consistency to track a task that should/can be performed multiple times per day is to simply have several tasks, and if only one time per day is required, deactivate the target range on the second two tasks, so they don't turn red when you don't do them, but the first task will.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: