Sciral Forum
November 15, 2018, 02:45:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Request: Single App Instance  (Read 13554 times)
dsmccormick

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2005, 05:00:47 AM »

I was thinking that it would be more consistent (?) if there was a single application instance of Sciral, instead of launching an application per file. Just include a View or Document menu that has the list of open Sciral files.

Thanks, David
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 12:39:53 PM »

Are you refering to the Windows version? There is a list of open documents in the Window menu.

Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 02:50:23 PM »

The Mac version shouldn't behave that way either. Please provide us with more information if you're still having problems.
mrkwhlbrk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 10:10:18 AM »

I believe he's referring to a Multiple Document Interface. I'd prefer one instance of Consistency holding multiple documents myself.
mrkwhlbrk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 10:16:38 AM »

Although, I use separate documents in lieu of a Category feature, so I'd rather have that capability.

I'm really looking for some way to filter tasks so that I don't have to look at those I can't do at the moment (because of context or time of day issues, etc.). Since this is a spreadsheet model, I'd be happy with a type of Excel AutoFilter.
dsmccormick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 04:08:39 AM »

Well don't I just look stupid. You are right that there is only one instance and that there's a Windows menu and all windows disappear when I Quit. I need to look more closely. Thanks for straightening me out.  
inspiritor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 10:12:14 AM »

Although, I use separate documents in lieu of a Category feature, so I'd rather have that capability.

I'm really looking for some way to filter tasks so that I don't have to look at those I can't do at the moment (because of context or time of day issues, etc.). Since this is a spreadsheet model, I'd be happy with a type of Excel AutoFilter.
By having a 'Consistency' calendar displayed/hidden on my ICAL-compliant calendaring software (like iCal), these or any other topical calendars can be viewed on a single calendar page so that contextual dependencies can be assessed.

By interfacing to the ICAL standard, Consistency does not need to duplicate the functionality. It can leverage many standard functions like this and alarms, notes, etc.

It's much simpler than constantly switching applications as one tries to consolidate information from different visual sources to arrive at a conclusion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: