Sciral Forum
September 21, 2017, 02:52:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Any News On The Nect Update  (Read 18038 times)
scoobie
Consis iPhone Beta

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2005, 02:23:32 PM »

Hi
Great concept.
Any news on a release date for the next Windows version?
thanks
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 08:33:55 PM »

No fixed release date, but really soon now. Smiley
falkaholic
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:46:31 PM »

No fixed release date, but really soon now. Smiley
Time to harass you. When's the new version going to be out?
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 07:47:22 PM »

The Mac version is done, and we're testing the Windows version. We'll be releasing them simultaneously. So... real soon now. Smiley

falkaholic
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 06:52:22 PM »

The Mac version is done, and we're testing the Windows version. We'll be releasing them simultaneously. So... real soon now. Smiley
OK. i'm going to have to call you on this one, or you really must be testing the crap out of the Windows version.
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 01:24:50 AM »

OK. i'm going to have to call you on this one, or you really must be testing the crap out of the Windows version.
As a matter of fact... yes. Smiley
biggerbox

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 08:44:38 AM »

Well, OK, then, but while us Mac users are waiting for you to finish testing that ...other OS version, could you please make our 'bated breath easier by telling us if you've implemented the 'remember open documents' feature? javascript:emoticon('Sad')

Closing 'Untitled' and opening my main working document is DRIVING ME CRAZY! javascript:add_smilie("evil")
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 09:13:53 AM »

OK, for the impatient (which is probably just about everyone by now Smiley ) here is the "What's New" list for Sciral Consistency 1.1:

Improved Document Handling
  • Document windows are now opened at their last size and position.
  • In the Preferences panel you can now choose whether a new untitled document is created when the application starts up.
  • In the Preferences panel you can now choose whether the same documents that were open when you last quit will be automatically re-opened.
  • In the Preferences panel you can now choose whether your open documents will be saved automatically after a short period of inactivity.
Longer Time Horizons
  • Task target ranges are no longer limited to up to 120 daysó you can now make target ranges that repeat as far apart as 1000 days.
  • Document windows now look ahead 120 days instead of the previous 60 days.
Numerical Countdown
  • In the new View menu are commands that let you display a "countdown" of days remaining until each task becomes overdue (or for overdue tasks, the number of days overdue.) The countdown can be displayed for days in the past, the present days, days in the future, or any combination.
Flexible Task Start Dates
  • When creating a new task, you can set the date on which the task will start recording. This date can be in the past or the future.
  • At any time, the start date of one or more selected tasks can be changed to a different date. If the date is in the past, more days will be added before the previous beginning of the task. If in the future, days will be removed from the task as necessary.
Sort Tasks by Various Criteria
You can now easily place tasks in order...
  • ...by name (alphabetically)
  • ...by due date (when the task becomes overdue)
  • ...by priority (which tasks are most urgent)
  • ...by consistency (which tasks need a better track record).
Eligible Tasks Now Highlighted
  • Each task that is either due or overdue and not completed for the current day has a colored bullet next to it. This makes it easy to review the tasks you need to do today.
More Ways to Quickly Mark Tasks Complete
  • Option-clicking the summary bullet to the left of a task marks the task complete.
  • Pressing the space bar with one or more tasks selected causes them all to be marked complete.
Improved Support for Multi-Button Mice
  • Right-clicking now activates contextual menus.
  • Mouse scroll wheels are now supported.
Standardized Menu Shortcuts
  • The keyboard shortcut for Preferences has been changed to "Command-,".
  • The keyboard shortcut for Hide Others has been changed to "Command-Option-H".
falkaholic
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 09:27:12 PM »

cool list.

how about giving it to us poor Mac users, who always get things last, first?
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 08:31:54 PM »

The Mac version was actually completed first, but we're finishing both versions and will be releasing them on the same day.
biggerbox

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 10:11:29 AM »

So, say, if I hated automatic update checking, and wanted to set up a Task called "Check for New Consistency Release", what would you recommend for the frequency range? 2-4 days, or 60-120 days?  
falkaholic
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 10:20:43 AM »

So, say, if I hated automatic update checking, and wanted to set up a Task called "Check for New Consistency Release", what would you recommend for the frequency range? 2-4 days, or 60-120 days?
Ba-zinG!

I'd say 10-24 day interval.  
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 11:00:22 PM »

It's a good thing you don't, in fact, hate auto-update checking. Smiley
falkaholic
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 07:24:29 PM »

But seriously folks, what's the big hold up? The windows version have been holding up release for 2 months or so. I saw let us poor Mac users get software before the Windows for once. Wink
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

I really appreciate your enthusiasm, and your patience. You won't have to wait much longer. There really are a couple of unforseen technical issues we're working out on the Windows version, but if they're not solved soon (and I truly belive they will be) then I would go ahead and release the Mac version solo. But we're really close, so hang in there a few more days.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: