Sciral Forum
May 26, 2017, 05:03:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When Will There Be A Palm Version?  (Read 10369 times)
epviews

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2005, 09:02:47 AM »

This application is exactly what I need on my palm.

It's way to much hassle to boot up the desktop just to log that I watered the plants, exercised, etc.  Theoretically, I could log it all once a day, but that takes away most of what's great about the concept.

When will there be a palm version?
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 01:01:35 PM »

We haven't announced a specific date for a Palm version, but every request we receive from people such as yourself helps increase the priority of getting one done. Thanks for your request, and please keep checking back!
epviews

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 09:48:48 AM »

Thanks for a quick response! I understand that you'd be hesitant to mention specific dates, but what sort of time frame is involved in the development process? I 'm just a user and am pretty ignorant about (though appreciative of) what you folks actually do.

Can you venture odds that it would be available by the end of the year? by next summer?

Or, even if it became a top prioirty today, is it likely to take more than a year for it to become available?

Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 01:59:13 AM »

All I can say is that we've had a number of requests for a Palm version, and I would like to see one completed myself. I agree that the Palm platform is a great fit for Sciral Consistency. But as a matter of policy we don't comment on specific plans or dates regarding unreleased product.

Honestly, it's usually a no-win situation for software developers to pre-announce product, because it either gives away strategic information to potential competitors, or it makes the developer look foolish when a product is announced but takes forever to ship (the dreaded "vaporware.") The only times it might work in a developer's favor are when they want to spread FUD (fear-uncertainty-doubt) in their market to keep customers loyal. But those kinds of games can also damage a developer's reputation, so I'd rather stay away from them.

Sorry to be so cagey, but I continue to encourage those who want a Palm (or WinCE) version to let us know their desires!
carrdwight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 01:07:56 AM »

Greetings,

Please add me to the list of users, even though I am currently only evaluating, who would really really ... really like to see a palm version.  

Thanks,
Dwight...
gail

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 05:00:44 PM »

Here's another hardcore Palm user, who would love to see it sync to her Palm.  It's a natural fit.

-Gail

Edited to add that I put my money where my, er, typing fingers are and purchased a licensed copy.  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 09:50:29 AM by gail » Logged
argotnaut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 06:43:31 PM »

I use both Mac and PC at home, but I'd love to have a Palm version to take with me. When I'm trying to get things done, turning on the computer is just another distraction!
president_coo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 05:13:19 PM »

Palm me when complete...

or even half way complete...  smiley

Derek
http://crager.net non-profit web hosting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: