Sciral Forum
October 14, 2019, 02:53:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto-start And Connecting To Other Programds  (Read 6819 times)
boulder

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2005, 02:13:35 PM »

I'm implementing the Getting Things Done methodology and ran across mention of Consistency on the GTD forums
http://www.davidco.com/forum/index.php (search on sciral).

I definitely think Consistency is a neat little ap to help track all those tasks, often daily, that aren't actually scheduled and more than simply the next action on a project.

However, it's now another application to track and remember to use  on top of the others I use :-)

From that perspective a couple of thoughts:

It would be nice if there were a configuration option so I could set consistency to start up when I boot and open to a default file.  i.e. it becomes a visual tickler file. Or  alarms to set it to pop up at least once a day so I don't forget to check it.

It'd be a dream if I could hook it into Outlook and  the Getting Things Done Outlook Add-in(http://gtdsupport.netcentrics.com/). Or be able to link to it and invoke it from Outlook.  (Again so there's a button , toolbar, some kind of visual trigger for my forgetful brain).

You might consider contacting David Allen and Co., there could be a great fit between your application and the GTD community. That's how the netcentrics GTD Outlook Add-in came to be.

Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 01:31:39 PM »

The latest version of Consistency for Windows (1.1) can remember which documents were open when you last quit the program and automatically open those documents the next time the application starts. So to create your "ticker file" just put a shortcut to Consistency in the StartUp folder under Programs in the Start menu, enable the Preferences option (which is on by default) and then make sure that you always choose Ctrl-Q to quit Consistency.

A upcoming bug fix release of Consistency for Windows (1.1.1) will include the option of remembering the last closed window also, for those that tend to exit Consitency by closing the last window.

Pop-up alerts and Outlook integration is on our list of future enhancements.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 01:32:22 PM by jpearce » Logged
inspiritor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 09:25:31 AM »

If Consistency can implement the cross-platform ICAL standard* so that the end-dates of target ranges can appear as calendar date entries, then one can view them relative to other events without switching applications (for example, update my calendar with end dates occurring in the next day/week/month/year). By checking/unchecking the 'Consistency' calendar, the end-dates appear/disappear on my calendar.

This will make it much easier to see when I've time available for a given task.

Any calendar software conforming to the ICAL standard* would then automatically interface with Consistency.

*(Not to be confused with Apple's iCal, though Apple does comply with the ICAL standard. I'm not sure if Outlook complies with this standard even though Microsoft helped to write it!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: