Sciral Forum
November 21, 2017, 05:39:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 15300 times)
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2004, 02:03:02 PM »

I sent out the announcement that the forums are open a few hours ago, and I already see a trickle of member registrations coming in... welcome! I'd like to encourage all new members to post a brief introduction to this thread, and I'll start the ball rolling right now.

I am 39 years old, and have been developing computer software professionally since I was 15. Much of my early work was in the computer games industry, and I still try to bring a sense of approachability and fun to all my projects. I've worked on all sorts of computer platforms, but my first love is the Mac. I am joined in my efforts by major talent on other platforms, including Joe Pearce, the author of the Windows version of Consistency.

Other interests of mine include exercise, juggling, music, friends, and of course my family including two sons aged 4 years and 1 month!

I strive to bring quality and effectiveness to all my endeavors, and I really enjoy the company of like-minded individuals.

Sciral Consistency is just the beginning-- I've got tons of ideas for innovative software that will help keep order amid the chaos we all have in our lives.
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 08:53:33 PM »

I am the aforementioned Joe Pearce, the programmer of the Windows version of Consistency.

I run a small game publishing company, but I also take on contracting and consulting work that meets my skills and interests.

Even through I am older than Robert, he has been a professional programmer longer than I have Smiley

mdmtexas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 09:07:51 AM »

Robert

I'm a brand new customer, and wanted to give you some moral support for getting back in the saddle and kicking some code out.

My thoughts are that you have a beautiful implementation of a great idea, and I'm looking forward to applying Consistency to my life.  I've been getting more organized and even started following the David Allen Get Things Done formula.  And as you guessed, I have been using various iCal calendars, with the repeat function to build a structure for repeating tasks.

I took a peek of some of the features you are planning, and I would like to see the Print function near the top of the list.  I think it would be motivating to print out task sheets, maybe on a week by week or monthly basis.

Best of luck in producing new tools for the rest of us.

mark
basil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 03:08:40 PM »

Hi,

I just discovered "sciral consistency" and would like to thank and encourage the developers for a very good idea. I though would request 2 extra features here since the "request feature" thread is already closed.

1-I rely on color-coding for calendar events as well as folders etc. In order to be consistent, I would appreciate the option to customize the colors used in sciral. As it happens, the colors you use to define days of the past, present and future have diferent meaning for me and would like to customise them.

2-The second option is related to how the days are displayed. Is hard to read them as all my life I read the labels "from left to right and from the the bottom to the sky", that is: exactly the oposite as they are displayed in sciral. Since we are about consistency, how about having the days simply displayed as numbers writen normaly, from left to right, and the weeks split in 5 or 7 days "modules" which are also marked with the number of the week in question (for ex, above the module). In other words, modules of 7 (or 5) days on top of which there is a number representing the week number (ex 52).

Thank you and...

Merry Christmas!

Dan
labrown

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 11:16:53 PM »

I'm a 38 year old Linux/UNIX sysadmin and programmer and found Sciral Consistency on the 43folders site.  I'm just starting to get into GTD and am very interested in SC as a tool to use with the GTD methodology, but I run Linux, not Windows or MacOSX on my computers.

Any chance for a Linux port?  I would *definitely* register SC to run it on my Linux boxes.
susiehaynes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 05:59:30 PM »

It's me Susie!

I am a new costumer here. I want to thank the developers for a brilliant idea. and looking forward for some of your help. I also want to share my knowledge and skills of this in order to help others.  laugh laugh

Thank you and Good day! cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: