Sciral Forum
May 22, 2019, 01:46:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Sciral Consistency for iPhone version 1.0.3 is now in the App Store, with support for iTunes File Sharing! http://bit.ly/uuIZaq

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sc Files After 120 Days.  (Read 7971 times)
balut

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2005, 03:07:27 PM »

When the 120-day event horizon passes, can an SC file be resumed for a new date range without the user having to manually reenter tasks and their ranges into a new file?

Balut
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 07:38:36 PM »

When the 120-day event horizon passes, can an SC file be resumed for a new date range without the user having to manually reenter tasks and their ranges into a new file?

The 120 days refers to a current limitation on the maximum amount of time between repeats of a particular task. So you might say "I need to check my car's oil between 90 and 120 days" and Sciral Consistency would have no problem with that. But if you need a longer time frame, then you will run up against the 120-day limit. I will be extending this limit to 1000 days in the next version.

You never need to re-enter tasks. Once a task is entered, it never expires unless you remove it or give it an "inactive" target range-- it simply repeats forever.

Now, if you have an old Sciral Consistency file with a long range of dates in it, and you wish to truncate the file so it every task in it starts on a later date, then unfortunately you can't do that with the current version. However, I do plan this feature for the next version.

And, you'll be happy to know, I am actively coding on the next version. Smiley
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 02:35:23 AM »

So Sciral Consistency 1.1 is out, and this limitation has been expanded to 1000 days. So I hope that more adequately meets your needs. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: